Radix Farm is now accepting applications for a Part-Time Farm Worker to join us for the 2014 season. We’ve hired an awesome full time Farm Assistant who will be joining us next month and our Beginning Farmer Training Program trainees start next week (there are more BFTP spots open, inquire with Future Harvest). Apply now to become part of our 2014 team. Let the planting begin!
Part Time Farm Crew
The Farm Crew Worker will participate in all aspects of running a small, diversified vegetable farm. This is a part-time, seasonal position, three days per week (24-37 hours) Tuesday to Saturday. Ideal start date is in mid-April. Position ends in November.
The PT worker will assist with all areas of production from seed to sale, including field work and staffing farmers markets. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Regularly attend CSA pick-up and farmers markets
– Field work including seeding, transplanting, weeding, mulching, trellising
– Harvesting, washing, post-harvest management, and packing for CSA and Markets
– Assist with leading volunteers/interns
– Opportunity for independent projects
– One full season farming experience strongly preferred
– Excellent communication skills, good attitude, strong customer service skills
– Strong work ethic, fast learner, ability to anticipate and take initiative
– Experience selling at farmers markets or direct market sales
– Ability to work quickly and carefully
– Able to lift 50lbs, perform strenuous physical tasks, and work in all types of weather
– Driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to drive manual transmission
The Farm Staff will receive a weekly stipend, an abundance of fresh vegetables, and opportunities for additional training, education, and regional farm visits. Upon successful completion of the season, there may be opportunities for advancement next year.
How To Apply
Applicants should send a resume including previous farming experience and three references (at least one farm related reference) to radixfarm(at)gmail.com.